Monday, March 17, 2014

cover letter sample for recent college graduate

Be careful not to be too long-winded or pompous. Don't flatter outrageously and stay clear and specific. Your letter should be no longer than one page. Choose your words carefully and be compelling in your formulation.

Use these downloadable templates to create your own CV or cover letter. You can also look at examples of completed CVs and cover letters to help you personalise your own documents.

The following are two examples of sales cover letters:

Tips for writing a good cover letter

How to write a cover letter examples

Dear Sir/ Madam or similar

I enclose a copy of my resume in response to a posting on your website for a summer internship in the Buying/Planning Department.
Currently, I am a junior at.............with an anticipated graduation date of May 2013.

Having experienced many years of excellent customer service at Macy's, I welcome the opportunity to fulfil a summer internship that will give me a level of experience to succeed in the recent college graduate. I have a strong background in customer service and inventory management gained in the consultant and finance industry. As a bridal consultant I dealt with various manufacturers and attended many bridal expos, enhancing my knowledge of that sector.I had the opportunity of supervising a staff of four, providing them with sales tactics that increased store profitability. My nine years of business experience together with my academic skills make me a candidate with potential and leadership skills that will benefit Macy's.

I welcome the chance to work for Macy's, a company leading the retail industry for over 80 years with a reputation to be envied in fashion. I look forward to pursuing this opportunity at interview and eagerly await your response.

Yours faithfully

No comments:

Post a Comment