Monday, February 17, 2014

Cover letter for summer internship

Cover letter for summer internship Tips

Internship cover letters follow the same writing format with other cover letters types. The only difference would be the absence of the section where applicants usually detail work experience. Students can substitute this portion with details of their skills and know-how. The general format of an internship cover letter is as follows:

The Header which contains the applicant's address and contact details, the recipient's contact details, and the date the correspondence is sent. Optional reference sections, e.g. like the 'RE' (reply in email) are also placed in the header section.

The Introduction contains a few sentences that briefly but specifically states the intent of the letter. Salutations are ignored. The introduction should be written in a way designed to pique the employer's immediate interest.

The Body contains all the details not stated in the Introduction. This section emphasizes on the details that sell the applicant's know-how. Typically this section explains the applicant's interest in the job and how he or she would be of value to the employer.

The Closing. A closing sums up the letter, and indicates the next step the applicant expects to take. By virtue of purpose, the applicant should always request for an interview in the closing section.

Cover letter for summer internship

my name
my address
my phone number and emaill

Dear .........

I am interested in applying for the junior test and design engineer summer internship position that was listed in the City college of New York Career Service Office.

I have had technical laboratory experience and also work experience, such as in lab I have built digital clock which counted numbers one through ten. It was a great accomplishment for me because I had very little knowledge of electronics. In my second lab course I built an audio amplifier. It was suitable for a variety of project including receivers, intercoms, microphone, telephone pick-up coils, and general audio monitoring.

Last summer, I worked as engineering aide at Con Edison of New York. Working there was a great experience, I interacted with electrical technicians, the technicians performed tests on network transformers and network protectors, which was really interesting to me as an engineering student. Furthermore, to complement this experience with this internship would acquire the background necessary for future career in the electrical engineering.

I also believe that being a part of this internship not only will it benefit my future career, but as well be an asset to your program. This internship would provide me with the ideal opportunity to assist at your organization and to expand my electronics skills.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

My name

I will really appreciate your help. Thank you 

No comments:

Post a Comment